Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Now I don't want to call Anderson Cooper a liar, per se. But after watching this Videogum video of his chat with Kelly Ripa, I have to call his bluff. For you see, I was also at this Prince concert. And there are many holes in his story.
1) There were closer to 200 people in the room
2) Prince didn't play until 4:30am... the concert ended a few minutes before 4am.
3) Prince didn't play for 3 1/2 hours... he got on-stage at 1:05am, which means he played for less than 3 hours, including a 10-minute intermission*
And most importantly...
4) Anderson left right around the intermission. I watched him walk out and not return. So how could he know the truth about points 2 & 3?

Sorry Anderson, I still think you're great.

* The intermission featured some not-good "stand-up" from Dave Chapelle, who realized he couldn't curse in front of Prince the stout Jehovah's Witness and therefore apparently had very little usable material. I don't blame him, of course... he was spontaneously asked to kill time until Prince returned, and therefore he didn't prepare any material. Plus it's certainly no easy job to follow Prince. I just expect more from him

No comments: