Friday, December 01, 2006

The TRL Graveyard Returns
Ashanti came by on Tuesday with the new Tupac video, which she appears in. I pitched this cold open, which got shot down not because it was deemed insensitive, but because our viewers "wouldn't get it." Whatever.

(VJDAMIEN AND ASHANTI ARE TALKING ON THE GREEN ROOM COUCH)

VJDAMIEN
-SO ASHANTI, WHAT WAS IT LIKE SHOOTING A VIDEO WITH TUPAC?
-HE COOL?


ASHANTI
-UM, I DIDN'T ACTUALLY SHOOT ANYTHING WITH TUPAC…


VJDAMIEN
-OH, I SEE
-HE'S KIND OF A DIVA, HUH?
-ONLY LIKES TO DO HIS OWN STUFF?
-I'LL BET


ASHANTI
-NO VJDAMIEN, I DON'T THINK YOU…


(VJVANESSA WALKS INTO FRAME AND TALKS DIRECTLY TO CAMERA)

VJVANESSA
-I'M SORRY, I HAVE TO CUT THIS OFF
-IT'S STILL TOO SOON FOR THIS
-FORGET IT EVER HAPPENED
-TRL STARTS NOW


Also shot down was a stunt with Josh Duhamel, here on Tuesday to promote Touristas (a movie about Americans in Brazil having their organs removed and sold on the black market), in which we get various animal organs from butchers (kidney, liver, tongue) and have Josh identify them. Instead the prepped and pitched another of my ideas, Fergie or Fergie, in which we give a fact (this Fergie's middle name is Ann) and he would have to say if it's his girlfriend Stacy Ferguson or Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York. No surprise, his publicist shot that down before he even showed up. But that doesn't belong in the Graveyard... more like the TRL Burn Unit.

No comments: