Monday, June 02, 2008

Big Empty
If you know me at all, you know that I was thrilled to hear Stone Temple Pilots had reunited for a summer tour. I'm planning on catching their show at the Borgata on August 9 (as an early birthday celebration), but after news of Saturday's Return of the Rock trickles out, I wonder if they'll make it that far.
Earlier today some co-workers were discussing the weekend's concert, at which STP apparently started the show an hour and a half late... and when they did finally play, Weiland was so wasted that he kept screwing up the words. I thought they had to be exaggerating, so I did some research.
This NY Times article backs up the claim of Weiland's sub-par performance.
This Opie & Anthony sound clip describes the wild backstage antics leading up to the performance.
Come on Scott, keep it together...

No comments: