Tuesday, June 08, 2004

When I was in Long Beach, I heard a report on the radio that Def Leppard will be releasing an album of 70s covers in September. This cannot be a good idea. Even though I'm a big fan of the Lep, I've made it clear how much I despise covers. But it got me thinking... as bad as most of them are, what are some of the absolute worst covers of all time?
- Madonna's "American Pie"
- Mandy Moore's "God Only Knows"
- Limp Bizkit's "Faith"
- Britney Spears' "I Love Rock & Roll" (losing further points because she said in interviews that the original was sung by Pat Benatar)
- Guns N Roses' "Sympathy for the Devil"
- Billy Idol's "L.A. Woman"
- Ataris' "Boys of Summer"
- Bloodhoung Gang's "Along Comes Mary"
- Orgy's "Blue Monday"
- t.A.t.U.'s "How Soon Is Now"
- Good Charlotte's "If You Leave"
- System of a Down's "The Metro"
- Duff sisters' "Our Lips Are Sealed"
- Leif Garrett's "Surfin' USA"

I know I've left off tons of them, but I do actually have to get some work done... so this is a start.

No comments: