Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No Excuses (But I Blame Alcohol)
I should write a very long, detailed post about my amazing adventure last night seeing Alice in Chains at Bowery Ballroom and then drinking with the band til the early morning at Plumm. But I am such a wreck today. Don't know why I even came to work. I've been told I look like I've been shipwrecked on a desert island for weeks. Guess I can't party like I used to.
I will say that the concert was excellent. The band was tight and seemed thrilled to be playing again. The set was short but included all the hits plus "Dam That River," "Love Hate Love," and other choice album cuts. New singer William DuVall is no Layne Staley, but he has a great voice and did the songs justice. And they were all totally cool and friendly at the afterparty.
I'll try to post photos later or tomorrow.

No comments: