Monday, January 08, 2007

Some quick hits to start the week:
- Most of NYC smells awful this morning due to a natural gas leak in the West Village. Not nearly as pleasant as the still-unidentified maple syrup smell from a couple years ago. Is this yet another thing I'm responsible for?
- I watched a ton of football this weekend, which also means I watched a ton of commercials. And I must say, they show TERRIBLE commercials during football. I'm not sure which I hate least... the commercial where the guy with the bite-site burger and fries is bragging that it was only$2.99, while the other guy has a full-size Wendy's Value Meal also for $2.99 (by the way, why are they allowed to eat food in a library?), or the one which tried to make it seem like NFL players are asking for Diet Pepsi (but they were too cheap and lazy to use computer to alter the footage to make their mouths come anywhere close to the words they're supposedly saying), or of course those awful "This is our country" Chevy ads (do companies even pay attention to backlash anymore). And when the games are broadcast on Fox, I have to cover my ears and close my eyes during all promos for 24. Of which there are a lot.
- Speaking of football, sucks to be Tony Romo right now. A couple weeks ago, when it was first revealed that he is dating Carrie Underwood, I told my friend that she's jinxed and he should get rid of her. Sure enough, the Cowboys dropped their last 2 games of the regular season to lose the division, then got knocked out of the first round of the playoffs, in no small part thanks to Romo's 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles over that stretch. Kick her to the curb, Tony... it's for your own good.
- If you've got some free time, some of these Craigslist postings for Arcade Fire tickets are quite amusing. And don't hate me, but I did get tix for the Saturday night show.

No comments: