Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm back at TRL, albeit extremely temporarily. Two of their segment producers are out of the office this week, so they called me in to fill in, even though I had never before segment produced. I was given Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Chris Crocker (the guy behind the Leave Britney Alone video) today, and tomorrow I have Chamillionaire and recently-eliminated-from-Celebrity-Rap-Superstar Efren Ramirez. Segment producing is much more complicated than I had realized as a writer, but so far, so good. It didn't hurt to have The Rock as my first guest; he's totally up for anything, including braiding a Barbie doll's hair and showing off his ballet moves, as we had him do.

Speaking of nice guys, I went to a screening of Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Tour, and Vince himself was there. He made it a point to introduce himself, then sat next to me to talk for a few minutes about how much he enjoys coming on TRL. Too bad I won't be there the next time he does a walk-on.

Finally, this week's new Zootoo Pet News is out now. Check it out.

No comments: