Thursday, May 27, 2004

Things I learned from Velvet Revolver's concert at Roseland last night:
1) Heroin makes you cut. Both Scott Weiland and Duff are in such incredible shape... washboard abs, no body fat... maybe I should start shooting up to get me a six-pack.
2) Fuel's popularity was probably imaginary. I seemed to be the only person who recognized the lead singer, Brett Scallions, standing in the audience (and I only did because I'd seen him perform "It's So Easy" with Camp Freddy, another pseduo-GnR band).
3) Matt Pinfield is short. Really short.
4) "Sex Type Thing" is more popular than any Guns N Roses song. The crowd went insane during this song, more so than for any of the original VR material or for "It's So Easy," "Used to Love Her," or even "Mr. Brownstone." Very surprising.
5) Scott Weiland is made out of Jello. I don't know how he contorts his body like that, unless he has no bones. He really is a human snake.
6) VR's material is pretty damn good. The band is really tight, they mesh well, and they rock. The sound at Roseland wasn't great, but from the taste I got (and based on the singles "Set Me Free" and "Slither" that I've heard studio versions of), the album will be good. I just hope it's successful. My guess is it'll have a strong debut (Top 3), then plummet very quickly. But I have my fingers crossed that it'll have longevity.

No comments: