Monday, May 24, 2004

Track list for the latest CD in my mix project with Tommy. Topic: one CD, 26 tracks, A-Z (either artist or song title), with (very) select liner notes.

1. Idlewild - American English: Put on a mix by my Scottish friend Laurie in my original mix project. I liked this song so much that I bought their CD. Sadly, the rest of the album is, as the Scottish say, "shite."
2. Simon & Garfunkel - Baby Driver
3. Josie Cotten - Johnny Are You Queer?
4. Joy Division - Digital: I recently watched 24 Hour Party People and am now obsessed with this song.
5. Eels - Going to Your Funeral, Pt. 1
6. V.A.S.T. - Free
7. Go-Go's - Speeding
8. Colin Hay - Overkill: I heard this version for the first time on Scrubs, one of Tommy's favorite shows... that's why it made the mix.
9. ZZ Top - I Thank You
10. Jellyfish - Ghost at Number One: Probably the closest any modern band has come to sounding like the Beach Boys.
11. Kinks - Harry Rag
12. Cure - Love Song: One of my favorite love songs ever. So simple yet so effective.
13. They Might Be Giants - Mammal
14. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
15. Bob Dylan - Oxford Town
16. Tom Petty - Apartment Song
17. Queen - Bicycle Race
18. Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea: If you were to look up "earworm" in the dictionary, it would list this song's chorus as the example.
19. Marvelous 3 - Sugarbuzz
20. Blind Melon - Three is a Magic Number: This song just missed out on our previous mix topic, Cover Songs, so I'm glad I could put it in here.
21. Urge - Jump Right In
22. Van Halen - Beautiful Girls
23. Cat Stevens - Wind
24. Seconds - X: This is what Tommy gets when I'm forced to put in a song for X and don't want to use the band X because I'm sure he owns all their albums.
25. Guns 'N' Roses - You're Crazy
26. Zebrahead - Someday
(bonus track) : From a recent episode of South Park. Butters would tap-dance to this song. Don't know why it makes me laugh as hard as it does, but it does.

No comments: