Friday, July 30, 2004

Following up on yesterday's post, I sent this letter out:

Dear Professor Greene,
My name is also Brian Greene, although unlike you I am a 24-year-old writer for MTV. Several times over the past few years I’ve been mistakenly identified as you. I recently received the enclosed letter, which I can only assume was meant for you. Although my first reaction was to write a letter expressing my surprise that anyone would have the audacity to question the teachings of someone who shared my name, I instead decided to forward it along to you.
Maybe our paths will actually cross one day. Until then, I will continue to direct all inquiries meant for you in your direction, and I hope you will return the favor should anyone mistakenly ask you questions about the impact of American Idol on the downfall of popular music.
Cheers,
Brian Greene

No comments: