Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Out of this list of the 50 films to see before you die, I've watched 35 of 'em.

Of course it is a British list, which is why many of the choices seem ludicrous.

Update: Interestingly, out of AFI's list of the 100 greatest American films of all time, I've seen 99; the only one left is A Place in the Sun. This was accomplished through a combination of taking film classes in college, working at Blockbuster video for a summer, and being a hard-core couch potato. I could probably use some more friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. Does that mean when you see all 50, I die?

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear your review of 1927's The Jazz Singer. You know before I put it on my Netflix list.

Brian said...

Why get the original when you can get the 1980 version starring Neil Diamond as the Jazz Singer? It doesn't have the racist black-face scene, and it features the hit song "America."

Anonymous said...

When are they coming to America? TODAY!!!