Friday, September 01, 2006

TRL Moment of the Week
The All-American Rejects dropped by on Monday. During a commercial break, I overhead VJVanessa ask the guys to name five words that begin with the letter x (I missed the beginning of the conversation, so I'm not sure what prompted the question). The first three words I heard out of the guys' mouths:
- xylophone
- xenophobe
- zebra
Zebra? Really? And these guys have already made more money than I will ever see in my entire life. So depressing.

Honorable Mention: Jessica Simpson during her visit on Tuesday. Battling a case of laryngitis, she cancelled her performance but came to the show anyway to show off her croaky voice*. Listen to her here... at about the 1:25 mark she imitates a donkey, then makes an unintentionally funny remark about not being able to open her mouth at parties.

* Editor's note: sounds to me like she was faking. I've made that same voice when trying to get out of giving an oral presentation in high school. Not to mention the fact that her voice gets better as the interview progresses, then when VJDamien points it out it suddenly gets much worse again. Somebody maybe have sudden stage fright?

No comments: