Friday, November 07, 2003

Time for Fun With Links... just a couple of good sites I've discovered over the past few days...

1) This Yatta video is so random and hilarious, it just has to be seen by everyone. Makes me wish I lived in Japan. It's almost better without any explaination, but in case you really need one, check here.

2) I blatently stole this from USA Today's Hip Clicks, but really, who cares. These album covers seem straight out of a Christopher Guest mockumentary.

While we're on the subject of music, yes, "Last Stop: This Town" is the title of an Eels song from their album Electro-Shock Blues. A friend from Scotland put it on my most recent birthday mix CD, a great (and cheap) gift tradition that more people should start doing. I'm not really a big Eels fan, and E-SB is the only album of theirs I own, but it's a good song and a good album, and I wasn't prepared when the site suddenly asked me for a title for this blog. I'm sure lots of other songs would've worked better. Maybe even "Novocaine for the Soul," another Eels song. I'll probably change it at some point... but then I'll have to change or delete this post... so I guess it'll just have to stay the same. Who knows. Who cares. Whatever.

One more Eels note... they are playing at Warsaw in Brooklyn tomorrow. Great venue... I saw Joan Jett there recently. And I hear they put on an incredible live show. Sadly I can't go, or I'd review it on Monday. I'm sure you're all crushed.

P.S. It's fun addressing readers that I'm sure don't exist...

No comments: