Monday, November 17, 2003

What is up with Roger Ebert lately? He has given a "thumbs up" the last 13 films he's reviewed (meaning at least 3 stars on a 4-star scale). I have not seen all 13 of these films, so I cannot judge all of them. But I have seen Elf, The Singing Detective, and Matrix Revolutions, all of which he gave 3 stars. Elf was okay; I wouldn't have given 3, but I'll give Ebert the benefit of the doubt. The Singing Detective was a garbled mess, redeemed only be good performances by Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson. And if you scroll down a few days, you'll see my thoughts on the worst movie of the new millenium, Matrix Revolutions. If you read his review, he says that he didn't even really like or understand the movie. I think that maybe Ebert's body may have reached its saturation point for fat, which is now making its way to his brain and causing a short-circuit (much like in the episode of The Simpsons where Apu gets fired and lives with the Simpson family... and after Homer compliments Apu's cooking of vegetables, which supposedly clear the cholesterol out his heart, we see the cholesterol travel from his heart to his brain, causing Homer to remark "Uh, Apu me friend good."). Maybe I should try another reviewer... but they're all so damn ugly...

AL MVP award is announced today, and if it's not A-rod, Frank Thomas, or Carlos Delgado because none of their teams made the playoffs, expect some fireworks from me in my next post...

No comments: