Monday, March 29, 2004

Saturday night (Sunday morning) on the subway, a homeless woman comes through the train asking people for food and/or money. I'm listening to my iPod, so I can't hear exactly what is said, but she angrily turns to a group of people and says "Who said that? You don't know me. Don't talk shit about someone you don't know. I'm no different from the rest of you." Well, yeah, except that you're the only one asking people for food and/or money.
You make think I have a bad attitude towards the homeless, but excuse me if they've made me jaded... case in point, I transfer to another subway to find a homeless man asking for food and/or money. Everyone turns him down except for one couple... the man opens his wallet and apparently only finds big bills, so the girl opens her purse and gives the guy 3 singles. The homeless man adds it to his stack of 1 single, counts it, then asks if they have another couple bucks so he can buy (something unintelligible). The couple says that's all they can give, sorry, and the homeless man starts cursing them out, saying "That's bullshit! I know you got more money!" No good deed goes unpunished... and I only give money to really good subway performers.

No comments: