Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My father is a fairly straight-laced person. So it surprises me when he tells stories about his "wild" days in college. However, nothing prepared me for my discovery of this letter while rummaging through some of his keepsakes last Thanksgiving (click on it to make it readable).
The backstory is that he and one of his fraternity brothers visited an all-girls school in Philly and set up a "Win a Date with an Ivy Leaguer" booth. Co-eds then went up, filled out an application, and went through an interview process (I think there was even an entry fee involved!). The whole interview was a sham, as they simply made checkmarks in certain places on the application to signify whether the girl was attractive or not. They then sent out copies of this letter to their favorites, and eventually picked winners to be their Homecoming Dates.
Rest assured, I can't remember ever laughing as hard as when I read the letter, while my mom spent the evening fuming. And for the rest of the weekend, I referred to him by his alias, "Q.T. Voluptuous."
I also call dibs on using this in a screenplay.

No comments: