Thursday, February 23, 2006

I've never lumped Pink in with the annoying pop princesses we typically play on TRL. And even though I hate the song "Stupid Girls," I applaud her effort and think that the video is fairly amusing (if you look past Pink's atrocious overacting).
However, then I ran across this article, in which she is interviewed about why she wrote the song. It includes the following:
"There's a lot of ridiculousness going on today. I don't need to name names. I'm attacking the general idea that you have to be cute and dumb to be successful... The video was very easy material. I just used examples of what I thought was mindlessness. I had the video in mind before the song and it all just followed."
And then comes the kicker:
"But mindless was too many syllables for the song so I changed it to stupid."
Hmm... pardon me for pointing this out, but by my count, the word "mindless" has 2 syllables, as does "stupid."
Pink, you may not want to be a stupid girl, but you can't always get what you want.

No comments: