Monday, July 23, 2007

Longest... Day... Ever!
The stupid internet was down at the Cash Cab office today. All day. It brought writing game show questions back to the dawn of man. How did people research stuff before the internet? And how did I get through a day without being able to check e-mail / fantasy baseball / random websites? It's sad I'm so worked up about this.

This is a couple days late, but Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the release of Appetite for Destruction. Holy crap, I'm getting old fast. I've already documented the story about how I was unable to buy the cassette as a child (now I'm unable to buy Chinese Democracy, but for entirely different reasons... Axl, I'm looking in your direction...). I may not have known what Mr. Brownstone meant, but I think I spent every morning of my 5th-grade year listening to side 1 of the album. And damn if it doesn't sound as good today as it did back then. In fact, I'm listening to it right now, as I type this post. And smiling.
I'm glad that the original members (except for Steven Adler) all seem to be happy with their current places in life. And now we're a mere 5 years away from their inevitable induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, which I'm hoping will lead to a reunion. Don't tell me I'm the only one thinking about this already...
Anyway, in honor of the anniversary, here are a bunch of videos from a concert they played at the Ritz in February 1988. Those were the good old days.

No comments: