Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Oscar nominations out today, and for the most part, I think they did a damn fine job... City of God for Best Director (and 3 others) is HUGE... gotta like Cold Mountain getting snubbed... Benicio and Naomi got bids for 21 Grams... "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow" for Best Song... Johnny Depp and Bill Murray both got in... I wouldn't disagree with anything, except maybe for the snub of Jennifer Connelly (girl from Whale Rider? Really?), and it would've been cool for Tim Burton to get nominated, but that's a tough category... so I won't complain. Also note my Dec. 18 post when the Globe noms came out to see how on the ball I was... not to toot my own horn...

At the other end of the spectrum, nominations for the Razzies came out yesterday, and I think they're way off. Charlie's Angels 2 was bad, but worse than Boat Trip? Or Kangaroo Jack? Please. No wonder nobody ever goes to the ceremony.

I don't even know where to begin with Aaron Boone's injury. But it's not good. Although maybe the Yanks can go after A-rod now... I did like the NY Times report describing Yankee contracts, which ban players from playing billiards, bowling, shuffleboard, and anything else you can imagine. Perhaps if all that extranious crap hadn't been in there, Boone would've paid closer attention to the basketball ban.

No comments: