Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rather than dwell on the crushing plot twist ending from Monday's episodes of 24 (which, I'm not ashamed to admit, nearly brought me to tears), I will instead ask why 24 has become the headquarters to revive washed-up 80s actors? The list is quite impressive:
Kiefer Sutherland (Lost Boys)
Peter Weller (Robocop)
Sean Astin (Goonies)
Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba)
C. Thomas Howell (Outsiders)
JoBeth Williams (Poultergeist)
Jean Smart ("Designing Women")
Ray Wise ("Twin Peaks")
William Devane ("Knots Landing")
Kevin Dillon (Platoon)
Sara Gilbert ("Roseanne")
I'm hoping that next on the list is Willie Aames from "Charles in Charge" or one of the hot daughters from "Just the 10 of Us." Anyone but Jackee from "227"... some careers are better left dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Revive"?

Anonymous said...

I've been noticing the same thing with Battlestar Galactica.

Dana DeLaney, Dean Stockwell, Lucy Lawless, and that non-Shatner Priceline guy are all I can think of off the top of my head, but as there are still 5 cylons yet to be revealed, I'm sure there will be more. My money is on Wilford Brimley.