Monday, December 08, 2003

Apparently today would have been Jim Morrison's 60th birthday. I'm not that big a fan of the Doors, but they have grown on me over the years. And I love the fact that Mr. Mojo Risin' is an anagram for Jim Morrison. That's genius. It's also hilarious to listen to Ray Manzarek give an interview. He mentions Jim Morrison about every 7 or 8 words. I noticed this when he was on Rockline last April, and it cracks me up. (Note - this is not an endorsement of Rockline... in fact, quite the opposite. Bob Coburn may be the most pretentious suck-ass to ever have a nationally syndicated radio show. He's like the radio equivalent to James Lipton. What a dick.)

My favorite show currently on tv (now that The Office is out of new episodes) is Arrested Development. If you are not watching this show, WATCH IT OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! The writing, pacing, and acting are all so sharp. It hasn't been doing very well ratings-wise, but Fox renewed it for a full season anyway based on the critical acclaim. Fortunately, the ratings have been slowly creeping up, so I hope that means it's starting to catch on. Otherwise it'll turn into another great show cancelled before its time (see Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, The Job, and Andy Richter Controls the Universe).

No comments: