Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I'm feeling very old today... went to see Zebrahead at the Knitting Factory last night, and was almost definitely the oldest person in the crowd (so many 17-year-old hoochies). Plus my left ear hasn't popped yet from my flight on Sunday night, so there is a constant ringing in it. I guess life does go downhill after 23...

As for the Zebrahead concert, I feel bad that, even though they never really reached a point they could call "success," they seem to be losing fans instead of gaining them. I first saw them 4 years ago, and they played to at least 1,000 people. Last night there were around 150, maybe 200. Definitely more people showed up to hear Lucky Boys Confusion, the opening act. Zebrahead isn't a polished band of quality musicians, but they write catchy songs with clever lyrics and have fun onstage. I hope they do manage to break through at some point. If Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, etc. all can make it, then Zebrahead certainly should too, since they put those other bands to shame.

Since I'm on the topic of music, I should post my reaction to the full Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums issue... I know I touched on this briefly, but there is much more to be said. Too much to deal with right now, in fact. But I'll get to it in the next few days...

No comments: