Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Does this make me laugh or make me sick? I can't tell yet. But it does make me yearn for "Chinese Democracy." I really shouldn't be a GnR fan anymore, given the shit they put me through when I went to see them in Philly just over a year ago. But I can't stay mad at Axl, as long as he can still do the snake dance. (by the way, does anyone else think he sounds uncannily like Janis Joplin at the end of "My Michelle"?)

Big Fish opens in NY today. I have such high expectations for it, but reviews have been mixed so far. Tim Burton was once my favorite director of all time... Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns... what an incredible string of films. I have seen Beetlejuice more than any other film; I remember one Christmas break during elementary school when I watched it every day for 2 weeks straight. I have chilled a bit on his more recent output, such as Mars Attacks, Planet of the Apes, and Sleepy Hollow, but I hope that he returns to form now. So many buzzworthy films have disappointed me lately; it'd be nice to actually enjoy Big Fish as much as I'm expecting to.

No comments: